Location: Sydney CBD
Salary: $30-35 p/h + super
Role Benefit: Opportunity to join a growing organisation and a global leader in their FMCG field, impressive salary, opportunity to grow internally.
This Assistant Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and provide support to the Finance Accountant in all duties related to month end. A large portion of this Assistant Accountant position is to support the business in driving the completeness and accuracy of results to enable effective business decisions. This is an opportunity to see how your contribution links to the financial team and the business units overall business plan.
- Support the broader month end process to ensure the completeness and accuracy of results, including the review of transactions, calculation and posting of journals etc
- Manage the accounting for key intercompany transactions such as expense cross charges and clearing of balances
- Complete a range of balance sheet account reconciliations including bank, fixed assets, prepayments, payables, receivables, deferred revenue, FX, accruals etc.
- Assist with preparation of management reporting packs
- Support the review and calculation of actual and forecasted cash flows
- Ensure processes align with internal policies, procedures and broader governance requirements, such as Sarbanes Oxley
- Provide ad hoc project support where required
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with a "can-do" attitude, take ownership of tasks & have a strong sense of urgency. You are degree qualified and are CPA/CA qualified, or studying towards. You will have experience in the month end process and a good understanding of accounting compliance issues. Previous experience with SAP a must, while previous experience in a high volume invoice business is ideal as will be pivotal to your success in this position.
Culture & Benefits
This US listed multinational and leader in their FMCG sector currently has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join their dynamic and fast paced team. This company is a manufacturer and distributor of a range of high quality recognisable products. This role is perfect for a proactive Assistant Accountant who thrives on a challenge and is a high achiever. It will provide the successful Assistant Accountant with the opportunity to;
- Learn and grow in a high pressure environment
- Leverage your existing SAP experience to hit the ground running
- Earn and learn, great base rate of $30-35 p/h + super
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Nicolas Gonzalez and quoting reference number NGAA3870 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.