Salary: $80k - $90k + super
Location: North Sydney
Role: Provide provision of timely and accurate financial and commercial analysis plus influencing decisions around customer performance, business cases and operational improvement.
This Analyst will be reporting to the Commercial Manager and will take ownership for providing timely financial and commercial analysis in support of the operating businesses.
The Analyst has primary day-to-day responsibility for shaping the analytical support and scenario analysis as part of business cases particularly focussed on building and maintaining financial models and interpreting energy and water models for use in financial modelling.
The key success factor will be your ability to embed yourself in the business to enable yourself to act as a trusted business partner and hold positive outcomes for the business.
Demonstrated competence in analytics, engaging the business and balancing a top down and bottom up view will set you apart in being successful for this role.
- Deliver the analytical support for business cases relating to pricing architecture and profitability across a range of organisational dynamics as well as ongoing business growth opportunities.
- Building and maintaining financial models for each business and/or development project
- Building, maintaining and interpreting energy and water models for use in financial modelling
- Financial analysis to support capital expenditure decisions and M&A opportunities
- Work with the finance team to produce monthly reporting
- Supporting in the development of the annual business plans
- General economic and market monitoring across the assets
- Assistance with preparation of board documents and investment committee presentations.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with other company departments to influence opportunities, operational efficiencies and support business development
- Ensure strong relationships with the Finance team
- Embed best practice reporting and analysis relating to operational performance across customer and service offering lenses.
- Drive the continuous improvement in use of systems to streamline and automate regular business reporting that supports the review of pricing, profitability and customer billing.
- Assist in developing and negotiating strategies by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; analysing risks and potentials
- Assist and support the development of yearly and five-yearly business plans and associated financial forecasts
- Assist in the energy modelling and analysis of future opportunities and business improvements that may be available in existing operations
- Prepare and analyse presentation materials
- Comply with risk management policies and procedures
- Report compliance non-conformances in accordance with company reporting protocols
- Candidate Profile
- You are an agile, qualified finance professional who is an CA/CPA or studying towards it, looking to make a step into a global organisation in a role that is highly analytical and commercial.
- You have at least 2 years' experience in financial accounting, corporate finance, consulting, funds management or engineering with strong commercial/financial involvement.
- You are passionate about engaging your stakeholders to drive a business forward and hold a strength in communication that sets you apart.
- The depth of your financial modelling skills with demonstrated expertise in financial analysis and model management will be a key differentiator for this role.
Culture & Benefits
The organisation is a highly regarded global brand with a strong commitment to continuous improvement and people growth.
With a great team environment and engagement with a broad range of stakeholders, this is a unique role where you can help drive the business forward.
- Immerse yourself in the business; build your business acumen to translate numbers into operational reality
- Generous Package: $80k - $90k + super
- Brand name organisation; great team culture; work-life balance; close to public transport
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Sharlini Rajasingham quoting reference number SRA4715 in the subject line.